So, I moved to Indianapolis. Here’s the recap of the past few weeks, in list form, because I’m lazy.
- Saw The Cults fo free at Indy CD & Vinyl.
- Did a lot of thrifting (see below).
- Ate delicious Mexican food and white wine margaritas in Broad Ripple.
- Ate delicious bagel sandwiches at the Bagel Deli.
- Unpacked. Slowly but surely.
- Decorated the apartment (see below). Slowly but surely.
- Had an interview and managed to get the job. Better money than I was making at both of my past two jobs. Word.
- Drank with Amy and Lamar.
- Drank with Kirsten.
- Drank with Amber.
- Drank with neighborfriends at CDV.
- Went to the Children’s Museum and learned about poison dart frogs, the history of Barbie, and how to say “please pass the bread” in Aramaic.
- Saw The Lion King in 3D (my first 3D movie ever!). May or may not have teared up a couple of times.
- Found my new favorite brunch spot. I just wish they served Bloody Marys.
- Found my new favorite dive bar. I just wish they didn’t have smoking indoors.
- Watched a lot of episodes of The Wonder Years on Netflix with Gretchen.
- Watched a lot of 2 Broke Girls online with Gretchen. But on Tuesday instead of Monday, because we’re broke. Get it?
- Ate a lot of Qdoba, and even more sandwiches made on Gretchen’s sandwich press.
- Enjoyed whiskey cider and the lovely fall leaves from our balcony.
TOP LEFT: Hand-me-down flamingo mirror from my mom, previously from my grandparents’ house. TOP RIGHT: Roses by Vincent van Gogh, thrifted; my Buddha statue from Joey; bookshelf hand-crafted by my mom’s boyfriend, Greg; movies and books, duh. BOTTOM LEFT: Thrifted coffee mugs. BOTTOM RIGHT: Mine and Gretchen’s Guinness posters; hand-me-down corduroy couch from my parents.
LEFT: Hand-me-down end table from my dad; Gretchen’s Toaster Coasters; floor lamp from Goodwill; painting from roadside thrift (donated by Amy); Gretchen’s grandpa’s chair; Gretchen’s shroom scarf. RIGHT: Rainy Day With Titties, original artwork by Amy.
So far, so good.